Top 5 Things I miss about Chicago/Top 10 I Enjoy in Israel
I guess the title sums it up pretty well, so without further ado, here are my 5 favorite things about my hometown of Chicago where I grew up, and my top 10 when it comes to Israel, my historic homeland; a place I dreamed of growing up and was privileged enough to move to at the age of 19.
Top 5 Things I Miss about Chicago
- My family: hope they make it to Israel someday.
- Chicago sports in general and Da Bulls in particular: there’s nothing like growing up watching MJ win 3+3.
- Wrigleyville, Greek Town, Uptown, Downtown, Navy Pier: Chicago’s definitely one of the top cities in the U.S. when it comes to things to do and nightlife.
- Jewish community: Good getting to know ya–but you’re in the wrong place.
- Chi dining, partying, friends: The Commie, Misha from Estonia, Goofy Leo–we had it good!
Top 10 Things I Enjoy in Israel
- It’s Israel=Promised Land=not Galut=my responsibility to be here. Point blank period.
- Jerusalem: Holy City, Temple Mt, endless amount of things to do…it don’t get no betta!
- Israeli women: by far the prettiest women on the planet
- IDF: first Jewish army since Bar-Kochba Uprising
- Vacationing in Eilat and the North: don’t do nearly enough of this.
- Israeli music: no comparison to American garbage.
- Kosher food: nuf said!
- Tel-Aviv: spent 6 years of my life there and it will always have a special place in my heart.
- Sunday and Thursday night chess on Ben Yehuda: chess is always gonna be my thang…
- Israeli politics: sometimes leaves you sad and yearning for more, but this is the center of the Universe so unlike of other places, it actually matters.