Top 7 Job Sites in Israel
I’m looking for a new career opportunity after a Copywriter position in Tel-Aviv ran its course. While I have 10+ years of experience, speak fluent English, Hebrew and Russian, am a talented writer/journalist who knows his way around the social media/SEO world, it’s been a rough go lately. And yes, I’ve turned down a number of offers where I just didn’t think the compensation matched my skill-set and experience level.
Contrary to what many are led to believe, Israel presents a bevy of quality career opportunities in an array of spheres including: high-tech, bio-med, Media Buying, the Forex and Gaming industries, content and marketing writing, social media…the list goes on. Israel is a budding market ready to explode. Expect it to take over as the #10-#5 job market worldwide in the next decade. For those contemplating a new beginning in Israel, this should come as a welcome development.
Folks, here’s a general rule for job sites both in Israel and around the world: the free ones are also the best ones! Remember this.
- Search engine that lets you find job postings most relevant to your skill-set and what you’re looking for in a job.
- Daily emails that allow you to instantly send your resume to jobs postings matching your search criteria.
- By far the best Israeli job forum for marketing/content/social media positions. Offers weekly updates in the above fields.
- Extremely easy registration and application process
- The best free job search tool for Anglos. Jobs mostly limited to Israel’s big cities.
- Great tool for people looking to hire as well as recruiters,
Most people who are serious about finding a job through LinkedIn order their one-month Premium membership. It’s well worth it because you get to not only see who’s searching you but also send 3 personal emails to employers a month, something you don’t get as a Free member. The first month is free and you can cancel at any point during that time. It continues at $29.99/month.
5. Facebook Job listings in Israel pages:
- Jobs in Jerusalemלעבוד בירושלים
- Jobs for multilinguals in Israel -משרות לדוברי שפות זרות בישראל
- ISRAELK JOB CENTER
Like all FB pages, these are free services intended for people for whom surfing FB is a way of life. Not all the jobs posted on paid job sites are listed here, but you do get a good sampling of positions out there. These span all professions, skill/experience levels and locations in Israel. While these pages always encourage people to stay in Israel, they also list openings around the world.
Cost: FREE membership available but it doesn’t offer a whole lot.
- 1 month membership: NIS 36/Premium: NIS 325
- 3 months: NIS 85/Premius: NIS 200
- 6 months: NIS 140/Premium: NIS 750
- 12 months: NIS 220
- Excellent customer service in Hebrew, English and French. This site is probably the best asset for Olim since their data base targets English-speaking jobs. Israelis will also find a wide array of fresh positions but there are better sites for them.
- They offer a free membership, but I don’t suggest it. You’re able to upload your resume to their database and have an outside chance of catching someone’s attentiojn. This might be the right thing to do if you have a lot of experience and hope employers come flocking to you right away.
- They have two types of paid memberships: “Standard” and “Premium.” While the Standard offers a search of thousands of jobs every week, I’ve heard of people who were hired less than a month after they signed up for the “Premium” service where they meet up with you and help with your resume, give practical advice for your job search, and stay in touch as well as follow up with each employer you interview with.
Cost: FREE service available but like Israemploy, not a good option.
- Paid option: NIS 49/month
- By far the best service for Hebrew speakers without English skills.
- Access to thousands of jobs even with the free service.
- They offer a resume-editing free of charge service. I’ve had my resume edited by them and they did a solid job.
- Excellent customer service. They’re always there to answer your phone calls and are extremely friendly.